Finding Affordable Medical Aid Packages in South Africa
People from all over the world are presented with the escalating costs of quality medical care. When you or a family member is in need of critical medical care, the last thing you want to do is fret about the costs of accessing this care. There is a way you can ensure that your family will have access to quality medical care when they need it, and that is by investing in a medical aid.
There are so many different medical aid packages available in South Africa, that you owe it to your family to be critical when making the decision of which option to go with. At KeyHealth, we have trained our sales staff to equip them with the skills and knowledge to impart all the knowledge and information to you needed to make a sound decision.
Compare Medical Aid Packages
We strive to make it as easy as can be for our members and prospective members to compare our medical aid packages. We consider it an imperative that our members are presented with all the relevant information to make an informed choice when it comes to the health insurance of their families. This is why KeyHealth makes it so easy to compare all the medical aid benefits that each of our carefully structured medical aid packages have to offer.
Additionally, we also provide our members with all the information and answers to their questions regarding the intricacies of medical schemes. This all culminates in our members being fully informed before they make a final decision as to which scheme they decide on.
here are of course specific areas of concern that our members frequently bring up throughout the decision process. These questions include:
- Dependents on the medical scheme: South Africa has various laws and acts governing family dependents on medical schemes, such as the Medical Schemes Act of 1998. This Act number 31 in particular states that no scheme may refuse a dependent of a member if the dependent is younger than 21 and an immediate family member of the main member. The same applies to dependents older than 21 still living with the main member due to mental or physical disability or those that are still financially dependent on the main member.
- Death of a member: Should the main member of the scheme die, their dependents will still be covered by the KeyHealth scheme, provided that the monthly contributions are paid.
- Immediate family: With regards to members, a father, mother, spouse or a child can all be classed as dependents and thus quality as immediate family. This means you can list them as a member on your KeyHealth medical aid scheme.
- Employer contributions: This is another key area where a lot of our members want more information. There are various applicable acts that regulate what employers must do, and their contributions are subsequently regulated.
- Upgrading of options: Should you want to change from one of our medical aid packages to another after careful consideration, there will be a waiting period. You can also downgrade your option to a more affordable package should you want to.
These are only a few of the things to consider when comparing medical aid packages in order to find the best scheme at the most affordable price. Our seasoned sales professionals will work with you to determine your exact needs, and to match you up with a scheme that will meet all these needs without breaking the bank.
Thanks to our commitment to customer excellence and efficient administration, KeyHealth is fast growing our 88,000 member medical aid schemes among South Africans to become one of the preferred medical aid schemes. We see this as a serious responsibility and great privilege and will remain true to the guiding principles that have allowed us to enjoy such significant growth.
Comprehensive healthcare schemes are now a reality thanks to KeyHealth’s affordable medical aid packages. You can easily view our full range of clearly set out medical aid packages. If you are still unsure about the best suited package, contact any of our sales professionals who will be more than happy to help you compare the benefits of our packages.